Dear Fremont Football & Cheer Community,
Welcome to the 2021 Tackle Football and Cheer Season. We are looking forward to a great year and hope that you can come out and participate with us. We will be teaching the skills and fundamentals needed for football and cheerleading, while maintaining high standards for equipment, instruction, safety, hygiene and overall environment. Most importantly, we will be providing a safe place for youth to get out, exercise, and interact with their peers. The physical health and mental health benefits are too numerous to list, but we are happy to provide the opportunity for kids to experience them.
While we are excited about our community re-opening, we recognize that some families may be cautious about a return to organized sports. Be assured we are monitoring and reviewing protocols from local, County, and State, officials. All our gatherings follow the most current health guidelines and safety protocols. As we move into the Fall of 2021, we will remain responsive to guidelines from health officials, and feedback from the community, as we work to ensure the health and safety of all our participants.
With that in mind, we have planned for the following programs:
- Free Football Camps (April – June 2021, check our website main page to sign-up for the next date) Whether you are an experienced player, or just starting to explore football, we will strengthen the fundamentals needed to take your game to the next level. Health protocols are in place to maximize everyone’s safety. So come out, get better, and have a great time
- Free Cheer Clinics (May – June 2021, check our website main page to sign-up for the next date) Cheerleaders will get a great introduction to the sport of cheerleading. New and experienced cheerleaders will learn motions, jumps, kicks, cheers and even a short dance routine. Health protocols are in place to maximize everyone’s safety. So, check it out, learn something new, and have a fun time doing it.
- Tackle Football Program (Fall 2021, registration open now)- we are offering tackle football for athletes aged 6 – 14. We have a continuing partnership with teams in Livermore, Pleasanton, San Ramon Valley, and Walnut Creek as part of the East Bay Youth Football Association.
- Cheer Program (Fall 2021, registration open now)- – we are offering a Sideline Cheer option for participants aged 6-14.
- Flag Football Program (Spring 2022, in partnership with the City of Fremont, registration opens this Winter)- – we are prepared to offer flag football for participants aged 6-14.
We would love to have you with us. Whether it is as a player, cheerleader, spectator, team staff, FFL Board member, or any other role, we welcome you and appreciate your support. As we continue to adapt and improve Fremont Football and Cheer, we feel that it is important to make sure that our community members are a part of that process. Without the support of our families this league will not continue. The families have been, and continue to be, the backbone of this league. I urge you to join our 57-year-old tradition of giving time, caring, and dedication, to our youth, through FFL. The more you are willing to help, the better the program will be. We look forward to your participation and support during this upcoming season.