Happy New Year FFL Families,
The Board is in the final phase of closing out the 2016 season. Looking back there were some definite improvements to prior seasons, including the following:
- Better pre-season mini-camps,
- Move to on-line registration,
- Participation in community events (4th of July & Niles Parades, Street Eats, and others),
- Improved safety through assured lights for practices, new shoulder pads & equipment for players, and mandatory training for all coaches,
- Championship/Allstar games at Tak Stadium
While there were many improvements, beyond what was listed above, the Board is also aware that the season fell short of what is acceptable in several areas. It was far from a perfect season. Now is the time for the Board to get to work on correcting what went wrong, and building off what worked well, so we can be a better League for next season. It starts with electing a Board of Directors to guide those improvements.
As we move forward on improving Fremont Football and Cheer, we feel that it is important to make sure that your wishes are heard. To that end we have made a few temporary changes to the elections portion of our Bylaws.
According to our Bylaws, the Executive Committee is supposed to be elected by the Board of Directors members only. Our first change is to allow all Voting Members of the league to vote on the Executive Committee positions (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Executive Manager, Safety Coordinator, and Cheer Director). We want you to have a say in who is running this league.
Also, according to our Bylaws, elections should be held “in January, on the second Thursday of the month at 7:00PM…” Our second change is to move the vote back one week, to the third Thursday, at 6:00PM . This will allow time for additional nominations, and make sure that voters have information on the candidates before elections.
The current schedule for elections is as follows:
- Sunday, January 15, 2017: Deadline for nominee statement
- Monday, January 16, 2017: Final Ballot and Candidate statements sent to membership
- Thursday, January 19, 2017: Voting by official written ballot, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm, at the League Office (37557 Enterprise Court Unit #H, Newark, C A 94560)
- Friday, January 20, 2017: Election results posted to the website
* Nominations received by Sunday, January 15th will be on the official voting ballot.
The current open positions for elections is as follows:
- Vice President
- Cheer Director
- Executive Manager
- Safety Director
- Booster President
- Field Maintenance
- Equipment Manager
- Player Agent
- Sponsor Coordinator
- Flag Director
- Weight Master
Thank you for your time, energy, and participation this year. We look forward to seeing you on the 19th.